- Do it every day. — put at least 2–3 hours into practicing your craft. There is a quote by albert Einstein which goes as, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result” .But it is only partly true as the full truth is doing the same thing over and over and over, making it second nature by practising it intensely is what grants us the ultimate power of mastery in it. Repetition is the key to learning because for humans, preconceived knowledge forms the basis of logic and mastery. One cannot simply hope to attain mastery without repetition and application in reality, you cannot play chess or read a physics book once and hope to become an international chess player or scientist, one must do it every day consistently and then only after some time, the sweet food of perfection can be tasted.
- Be willing to make mistakes — fail and fail again, it’s part of the process. Every time we are not hitting the bullseye, we are hitting something that is not bullseye meaning that we get additional information about the coordinates of the target because in real life the target is not as clearly visible as in archery, life is like the undiscovered part, so every information is equally important , the information one gets after failure is as important as success. It teaches us what should be avoided and often new discoveries are found in failure too. Regardless of all that, failures are pivotal.
- Learn from people who have done it or know better — books, courses, coaches, etc. there is no need to reinvent the wheel each time when something new comes up in our way. History repeats itself and whatever you are trying or doing, possibilities are someone has done it already or doing it the same way you are. Good advice and advisors are those resources which are very less talked about, their importance is not known by those who don’t have them, instead those who have know how valuable they are. Introspection , perspective and good advice are very important when there is a goal to be achieved especially when one has to become best at something, therefore seek and listen to those who know better.
- Surround yourself with people who are a bit above your level — the challenge will make you better. The adrenaline rush in a healthy fierce competition between rivalry can push anyone to strive for more, to become better than the other. Best is after all, the one better than the rest. If there is no environment and surrounding to support the growth, all becomes useless. People in our surrounding matter a lot, although that is not always the case as we can see many cases which rather prove the contrary but the bigger known truth is surrounding does play a role at least for a normal non extraordinary person. When you are surrounded by smart people, you are learning even when you are talking to those colleagues , simple conversation boosts your morale and knowledge.
- Celebrate small wins. Made a bit of progress? See it as proof you are getting better — no time for negative self-talk. We also should focus less on relativism/comparing to others at the end of the day and know that we all walk our own unique paths, so we shouldn’t be too harsh on ourselves for not improving as fast as we’d like.
- Be patient — remember to master anything it takes at least 10,000 hours of practice, and this is the one thing which many people fail at and remain from being the best at what they do. This is the one thing which keeps the majority from achieving the set goal and attaining supremacy in any field of work.
- Remember that it is not about achieving success or gaining a high paying job or finishing the course, it is about becoming worthy. Become really good at what you do, attain perfection in that art, make it your second nature and rest is just formality. Have a desire to learn , want the want to know nitigrities and ins and outs of that subject matter and ultimately after some time it will just start coming to you naturally.
- Swachh Jal Se Suraksha Campaign Report Under Jal Jeevan Mission
- Saplings presented to the Guests on Golden Jubilee Wedding Anniversary: An Innovative Idea in a Gated Community in Hyderabad, India
- What is IPL in Cricket? – Introduction to the Indian Premier League Tournament
- A Glimpse about two prestigious schools in Guwahati, Assam, India: Past and Present Scenario
- Top Colleges to go for MBBS in Georgia
You must be logged in to post a comment.