Find an article at Google Scholar
If Walden doesn’t have an article you want, check Google Scholar. You may find a free copy online.
- Go to Google Scholar, enter the article title, and click Search:
Note: For best results, put quote marks around the title.
- If available, your article should appear as one of the first few results:
- If you click an article’s title, you may be taken to a publisher’s site that will ask you to pay for full text. Instead, look for a PDF or HTML link to the right of the article. This is a free, full-text copy.
If there is no link on the right:
- Click the article title. Though rare, you may get it free from the publisher. You might also see how much it costs if you’re interested in buying it.
- Try searching regular Google.
- Buy the article.
- Use the Document Delivery Service. Remember, it can take 7-10 business days to get an article from DDS.
Connect Google Scholar to the Walden Library
Option 1: Search using Google Scholar pre-connected to the Walden Library
Access Google Scholar directly through the Library’s website to use a pre-connected version.
Option 2: Manually connect Google Scholar to Walden Library
Follow these steps to manually link Google Scholar to the Walden Library collection:
- Go to Google Scholar (scholar.google.com).
- On the upper left side of your screen, click on the three lines icon.
- Click the Settings link or gear icon. Depending on your screen size, the link or icon may be at the top or the bottom of that section.
- In the left column, click on Library Links.
- In the search box, type in Walden and click the Search button.
- An option for Walden University Library – Find @ Walden will appear below the search box.Check the box next to it to select it.
Note: If you see the a box for Open WorldCat – Library Search box, check that too. This will allow Google Scholar to link to any freely available content.
- Click Save. Google Scholar will remember this setting until you clear your browser cookies.
Now when you search Google Scholar, you will see Find @ Walden links to the right of articles available in the Library.
- Click on the Find @ Walden link to access the article.
- When you click on Find @ Walden you will be asked to login with your Walden username and password.
- You may see a list of databases that contain the article; you will need to click on one of these database links to be taken to the article.
- Pay attention to the years listed by the database links, as databases may have different publication years available. Click on the database you want to try and it should take you to the article.
You must be logged in to post a comment.