Detox or Detoxification is a popular buzzword. It involves the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including the human body. Toxins are involved with the liver, kidneys, digestive system, skin and lungs. It is very important to eliminate these toxins for our body to function well.
Civilization understood there is a definitive link between our physical health and psychosocial well being. In order to survive the 21st century, we should be more cautious about our health. Our health should be our first priority. Having a balance between our mental and physical health facilitates growth. We should try to maintain peace and harmony in and around us.
WAYS TO REJUVENATE OUR BODY
• LIMIT ALCOHOL – More than 90% of alcohol is metabolized in our liver. Liver enzymes metabolize alcohol to a cancer- causing chemical which gets converted into a harmless substance inside the liver, which is later eliminated from our body.
• FOCUS ON SLEEP – Our body requires minimum eight hours of sleep a day. Adequate and Quality sleep ensures a good health. Also, helps in removing the toxic wastes that got accumulated throughout the day.
• DRINK ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF WATER – It regulates the body temperature, helps in nutrition absorption and detoxifies the toxic wastes produced by the body.
• DIET CONTROL – Eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals helps to combat diseases. Too much of fat consumption can increase the level of cholesterol adversely affecting the heart.
• EXERCISE DAILY – It’s recommended 150-300 minutes a week of moderate-intensity exercise such as brisk walking or few minutes of running on a daily basis.
A healthy body is a productive body. Technology has the ability to greatly influence our lives. It has made the life a modern man highly complex. Man has become materialistic and is preoccupied in the pursuit of possession of material things. Possession of money has become the objective of every pursuit and the means so not matter. This excessive urge for materialistic gain has made him ignore his own health. He has neither the time nor the inclination to pause and ask himself as to where he is leading himself to.
We should pause for a while and think where are we leading ourselves to. It is very important to take care of our health. Everything in the universe can wait. That is why it is said “ Health Is Wealth”.