In this paramedic everyone try to neglect go outside.so in this time there is only solution to save life’s that is online shopping .Online shopping is a part of e commerce. If you wants to purchase anything you can order from it on a market reasonable prices. But the thing is, if online marketing charges high price no one attract on it, because the customer needs a reasonable markets prices.
Internet shopping is a phenomena that is growing rapidly nowadays. A peep into the exponential growth of the main players in this industry indicates there is still a large reservoir of market potential for e-commerce.
Online marketplaces provide a new and more convenient venue for the exchange of virtually all types of goods and services.
It is a process whereby consumers directly buy goods, services etc. from a seller without an intermediary service over the Internet. … Online stores are usually available 24 hours a day and many consumers have internet access both at work and at home. So it is very convenient for them to shop Online.
Online stores are highly competitive, not only with other online stores but also with brick-and-mortar competitors. Price-comparison websites make deal hunting easier and also help guide shoppers to online stores with the best reputations by posting reviews submitted by other shoppers.
Point-of-sale advantages include stores offering no shipping charges and free ship-to-store options. A lot of online stores do not pass on sales tax (unless required by the state) to customers, which can add up substantial savings for those shoppers who buy primarily online. Other advantages of shopping online include:
- The stores are almost never closed.
- Shoppers can shop in their pajamas.
- Online shoppers save on gas.
- There are no parking hassles.
- Online shoppers rarely have to deal with aggressive salespeople.
- There are no annoying crowds.
If anything has an advantages so there is disadvantages also:
Online shopping, takes longer to ship a product back to an online store than it does to return it to a local shop, this might be the deciding factor on where to make the purchase.
- Online shoppers do not have the ability to physically inspect or try on the items being considered for purchase.
- Online shoppers sometimes lose the power to negotiate the price and payment terms that may exist in local stores.
- Items ordered online are sometimes back-ordered, but shoppers may not find out until weeks later. This is particularly problematic when buying gifts.
- Online shoppers do not always know if a site is a legitimate retail store and if is safe to shop.
- Restocking and shipping costs are often charged on returns.
- Online shoppers often do not have a person (or the same person) to talk to when dealing with a problem.
- It is sometimes easier to get money refunded locally when the item purchased drops in price within the guaranteed price period.
Sometimes a deal that looks great falls short of what has been advertised. Communicating dissatisfaction can be difficult online and often takes enormous patience and tenacity to achieve satisfaction. Problem-solving face-to-face with local store employees is often faster and more satisfying. Contacting the next level of management is much easier at local stores than online.
Shoppers will save money and frustration by taking the time to learn the policies of both online and local stores before making purchases. Sometimes there are hidden charges like restocking fees at some online and local stores. The restocking fee may increase the longer it takes the shopper to return an items.
But, this time the only convenience for shopping that is online shopping because corona virus has changes many things, so if you are doing online shopping so beware from frauds and dangers, do compare prices of products.
Both businesses and customers have embraced online sales as a cheaper and more convenient way to shop, but just like anything associated with the Internet, there are benefits and dangers associated with shopping online.