There are many practices in the world to keep the mental and body health in harmony; One such practice is yoga. In the last few years there has been an surge in the number of yoga practitioners as these days there are more health problems and more awareness and it does have a positive impact on the body. Yoga is the art and science of uniting the body and mind that helps in “Self-Realisation”. Yoga was a method used for liberation of individual souls but now it is presented as a solution for global problems. Yoga has various branches that are practiced based on the problems one would like to be deal with. Yoga gives inner peace.
Yoga has its origins from the Indian Subcontinent and is practiced and passed on for many generations. The word ‘Yoga’ is derived from the Sanskrit root ‘Yuj’, meaning ‘to unite’. The highest or ultimate result of yoga is ‘samadhi’. A lot number of seals and fossil remains of the Indus Saraswati valley civilisation suggest the presence of yoga in ancient India. The presence of yoga is available in folk traditions, Indus valley civilization, Vedic and Upanishadic heritage, Buddhist and Jain traditions, the epics of Mahabharat and Ramayana etc. Yoga is broadly classified into four divisions- mantra yoga, raja yoga, laya yoga, hatha yoga. The practice of yoga in the vedic tradition was as a result of the internalization of the vedic ritual and its elevation symbolically from the material plane into the mental plane. By practicing yoga you have
- Ability to move everywhere
- Ability to control everything
- Ability to become light or heavy
- Ability to fulfil desires etc.
ADVANTAGES OF YOGA
Yoga is very deep and its understanding cannot be expressed in words. However, there are many advantages of performing yoga:
- Yoga helps to enhance the circulation of blood and nutrients to circulate to all parts of the body.
- Yoga can be done anywhere, anytime and doesn’t need any equipment.
- Yoga brings out the inner strength in your body and helps you to have a stronger body. It also aids in lifting your own body.
- Yoga improves your body posture making it healthy.
- Yoga improves the concentration of individuals.
- Brings up a healthy weight.
- Yoga prevents the risk of heart diseases because it help to reduce blood pressure, pulse rate, cholesterol and maintains a healthy weight too.
- There is a state of balance in the body and mind when practicing yoga.
- Yoga delays premature ageing because it is also a technique to detox your body.
- It is an effective treatment for depression and studies have shown that it acts as an anti-depressant and reduce stress.
- Yoga improves your body flexibility.
- Yoga helps you to sleep better without any disturbance.
- Yoga increases immunity because it is a type of healing that helps every cell in the body to be immune.
- It helps to improve the mood and helps to get rid of laziness, anxiety and dullness.
- It helps in the better functioning of the lungs through breathing exercises which is very much necessary for the existence of life.
RELEVANT LINKS:https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/opinion/you/mirrorlights-experts-say-yoga-can-improve-respiratory-health-and-immunity-post-covid/articleshow/83788419.cms https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/286745#risks-and-side-effects