In a world full of foodies, some people also spread awareness about the importance of going on a diet. Diet, though in modern days is used as a tool for weight loss, is not a new thing ancient India. In ancient days or even now, many people go on a fasting. Many state that to be on religious grounds. Many also state it the other way. Fasting was a little different from diet. Fasting was either no consumption for a day or two or just consumption of liquids. Many say there is a scientific reason behind fasting because many say that being on a fast on a regular basis is healthy as it gives some rest to the digestive organs in the body that are continuously indulged in the process of breaking down food. As people are more emotionally attached to food, they over indulge in the process of eating which is not good for a healthy state of the body. Though it might be nutritious, there would be no pattern of eating. Thus, diet brings a pattern and regularisation in quantity and quality of eating. Most of the people believe that the only reason for people to go on a diet is for weight loss which is actually a myth. Though it is one of the reasons but there are many other reasons too!!
REASONS TO GO ON A DIET:
- WEIGHT LOSS-This is the reason mostly people undergo a diet regime. Due to the accumulation of toxins by eating a lot of processed foods and increase body mass index. Thus, people to reduce to their former size, go through diet. But the diet they follow may not be always right or suitable for their body. A healthy diet includes consumption of fruits, vegetables and protein rich pulses.
- WEIGHT GAIN– There are also very skinny people, though eat a normal diet do not fit into the normal Body Mass Index (BMI). There are also people who lost huge weight due to some illness. Diet helps these people to gain weight.
- REDUCES RISK OF CANCER– Excessive consumption of alcohol, eating packed and processed food are associated with risk of some forms of cancer. Following a healthy diet refreshes your body and maintains it healthy.
- DECREASES GLUCOSE LEVEL IN BLOOD STREAM– This is related to weight loss. By way of diet for weight loss, one can also lower their blood glucose levels according to the “Diabetes care” 2011.
- HEALTHIER SKIN AND HAIR– A healthy diet keeps your skin soft and supple. It keeps aging at bay. It also improves your hair condition and keeps it soft and shiny.
- BETTER DIGESTION– While on a diet, you can control the quantity of each nutrient going to your body. An increase in consumption of fibres in diet can improve your digestion.
- IMPROVES MOOD– Diet not only make you look better, you also feel better. Your body feels light and healthy which has a direct impact on the mind. A healthy body promotes a healthy mind.
STAY HEALTHY! STAY HAPPY!!