Over 15,000 years ago, predating all religion, Adiyogi, the first yogi , transmitted the science of Yoga to his seven disciples , the saptarishis. He expounded 112 ways through which human beings can transcend their limitations and reach their ultimate potential.
On the auspicious night of Mahashivaratri at Isha Yoga Centre , an iconic face of “Adiyogi – the Source of Yoga” was unveiled by the honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Recognised as the world’s largest bust sculpture by the Guinness World Records, the face of Adiyogi is 112 feet high , representing the 112 ways he offered for one to attain to wellbeing and one’s ultimate nature.
- Location : Isha Yoga Centre , Coimbatore , Tamil Nadu , India.
- Designer : Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.
- Width : 548
- Height : 34 m ( 112 ft )
- Completion date : 24 February 2017
- Dedicated to : Lord Shiva as Adiyogi.
Adiyogi Shiva statue in Tamil Nadu declared largest bust by Guinness World Records.
- SET THE RECORD : The 112 feet tall bust of “Adiyogi” Lord Shiva at the Isha Yoga Foundation has been declared the world’s largest bust by Guinness Book of World Records. The Guinness has made the announcement in its website.
- ATTRACTS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE : The face of Adiyogi , set up the Isha Foundation led by spiritual guru Jaggi Vasudev , attracts thousands of people every day , a press released said.
- PM MODI UNVEILS THE BUST RECENTLY : The bust at the Isha Yoga Foundation on the outskirts of Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 24 this year.
- IN FUTURE : Isha Foundation plans to set up three more statues of similar height across the country. This is the second time the foundation had accomplished a Guinness record. On October 17, 2006 , the foundation had entered the Guinness Book of World Records for planting 8.52 lakh saplings, the released added.