Ministry of Rural Development of India has introduced Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) under National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) in the year 2007. IGNOAPS also called as National Old Age Pension Scheme (NOAPS).
National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) provides social assistance benefits to poor households in India such as old age person, widow and disability person. NSAP key objective is to ensure social protection to its beneficiaries in India.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Amount for senior citizen is as below:
S.No. Age of BPL Citizen. Amount
1. 60 to 79 years. Rs. 200 per month
2. 80 and above. Rs. 500 per month
The documents required for apply Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme are as follows:
- Application form for IGNOAP
- Proof of age – The age certificate needs to be obtained from the concern medical officer and to be attested by the concerned Block medical officer.
- Income certificate to be submitted
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) card in the name of Applicant should be submitted.
- Bank pass book or Post office passbook
- Passport size photographs
All the Indian citizens are eligible for a pension account under National Pension Scheme through eNPS. Aadhaar is mandatory for opening an NPS account. The KYC for NPS is done using Aadhaar and One Time Password (OTP) authentication using your mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
All individuals above the age of 60 who live below the poverty line are eligible to apply for IGNOAPS.
How to apply
Step 1: Get an application form from Social Welfare Department in the concerned area.
Step 2: Fill all information in the Application form.
- State, District and Block details
- Name of the village Panchayat
- Name of Society, Beneficiary and Heirs
- House number
- Gender (Male / Female)
- Age and Date of Birth
- Birth certificate details
- Annual income and domicile certificate details.
- EPIC number (Voter ID number)
Sample Copy of Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Application is given here.
Step 3: Submit the application form along with all documents to the concerned Tehsil Social Welfare Officers. An applicant from urban area can directly submit the application to concern District Social Welfare Officer.
Step 4: Application will be scrutinized or verified by officers
Step 5: Social Welfare department will recommend the beneficiaries to District Social Welfare Officer.
Step 6: The final sanction will be made by District Level Sanctioning Committee (DLSC).
Mode of Payment of Pension Amount
The old age pension amount will be credited to the beneficiary bank account or post office account as per the information furnished by Applicant.
Check Old Age Pension Scheme Beneficiaries List
Step 1: In the NASP web portal, select Beneficiary search option from the menu given.
Step 2: Select your State District Municipality, Grama Panchayat or Ward from the drop down menu.
Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme Beneficiaries list will appear on the screen.