We should all provide food for the poor. So many families die everyday of starvation while we waste our food. If we do’t have food to keep us moving and staying healthy its not possible to work and make a living for ourselves and our families. Everyone should have the right to live a healthy life especially when there are tones of food being wasted every year. Thousands of people are dying because of hunger. No one deserves to go through the main of starvation, thefts why we should all provide food for the poor. All human beings need food to survive and there are so many people who wasted their food every day. Food is one of the main things needed in life and some people are going without it. One million children under the age of five to die (45%) every year and about one out of six children in developing countries are underweight. If wealthier people have a large amount of food and money they should help provide the amount of nutrition needed to lower the risk of hillier dying around the world. Everything we eat does something to our body in some way and the nutrition in the food we eat helps the cells in our bodies to execute their relevant functions. We all need to survive and because people are dying of starvation and we need to help the people in need. There is more than enough food being produced in the world to feed everyone.
ANYONE CAN BE A FOOD DONOR
Large manufactures, supermarkets chains, wholesalers, farmers, food brokers, and organized community food drives typically give food to food banks. Restaurants, caterers, corporate dining rooms, hotels, and other food establishments promptly distribute perishable and prepared foods to hungry people in their communities. Many food banks and food rescue organizations will pick up food donations free of charge, saving donors time and money. Many non-perishable and unspoiled perishable foods can be donated to local food banks, soup kitchens, pantries, and shelters if the transactions is managed properly.
HOW TO DONATE FOOD
- Food pantries, food banks and food rescue programs are available across the country to collect food are redistribute it to those in need.
- Food banks are community based, professional organizations that collect food from a variety of sources and save the food in warehouses. The food bank then distribute the food to hungry families and individuals through a variety of emergency food assistance agencies, such as a soup kitchen, youth or senior centers, shelters and pantries. Most food banks tend to collect nonperishable foods such as canned goods because they can be stored for a longer time.
- Food rescue organizations operate food rescue programming, which includes the retrieval of excess food from donors and/or the delivery of donated food directly to clients or to other organizations that redistribute food to clients. These organizations may also offer other programming, such as educational or skills training and thee repurposing of donated food into meals or other food products, etc., and many of them apply software solutions, like apps, to coordinate the redistribution of excess food by volunteers or other organizations.
IDEAS FOR INCREASING FOOD DONATIONS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
- Leverage your existing relationships with food banks to donate food after events.
- Reach out your local grocers, restaurants, venues or schools to suggest that they could donate wholesome food that will be waste.
- Create a schedule for pick up of donated food from the organization or business on the weekly or monthly basis.
- Use donated food to feed the hungry or elderly of your community or for events held at your facility.
- Become a volunteer for a food rescue organization to help transport food from donors to food recipient organizations.