Are you finding it hard to contribute to the environment in times of the pandemic? If yes, then this article is just for you. Sustainability is the key to a better future. But it is not possible to achieve it unless the brands stop using non-biodegradable material in their packagings. It is no lie that brands tend to invest a lot of money in their advertisement and spend very little money on their packaging. In this situation, we must research brands that are eco-friendly and care about the environment. The call of nature is to create innovations to our expenditure patterns and embrace a more sustainable lifestyle. The first and the most significant, deliberate measure that we can do is shift to ethnic fashion brands and eco-friendly brands that will help us contribute. Here are some brands that you can invest in-
1) Maati by Neha Kabra- is a modern womenswear start-up from Udaipur, supported by PETA. A portion of its material is up-cycled, and they use naturally sourced dyes; they use plastic-free packaging. Their mere and casual profiles are timeless.
2) InSom- is a natural and up-cycled attire label that ensures 100% zero-waste creation. It is incredibly fashionable and comfortable; the brand converts leftovers, imperfect and extra stuff from large-scale natural fabric production industries and converts them into wearable.
3) Mix Mitti by Ms. Shivangi Bajpai- is a business accessory label giving a variety of products from bags to journals. In addition, a part of its earnings gets donated to protect wildlife and fundamental habitats.
4) Nicobar- is an up-to-date lifestyle label that offers clothing, home decor, and trip accessories. Encouraged by the Indian Ocean and a comfortable island aesthetic, their outlook of integrity in timeless goods designed to last and influenced by natural design and materials gets echoed in their beautiful stores.
5) Doodlage- is a sustainable clothing mark that makes circular fashion mainstream. They produce garments, accessories, plus home products made out of fabric scraps sourced from large manufacturing units in India. These fabrics otherwise add to landfills or go into incineration.
1) Bathing Culture- They make a range of zero waste skincare refill stocks. The ingredients give this vegan zero waste skincare product a cocktail of antioxidants, amino and essential fatty acids.
2) The Earth Rhythm- one of the very few businesses that are 99% plastic-free. From dispatching to packaging, the brand is committed to its choice. Their employees consist of women from weaker sections of society and individuals with autism/down-syndrome. Their zero-waste practice is very excellent and stands testament to their brand value.
3) Ren- Between its sustainably sourced ingredients, reclaimed ocean-plastic packaging, and refill scheme, the brand appears well on course to accomplishing its zero waste aim by the end of 2021.
4) Davines- Before environmental awareness was even on the radar of the wider beauty industry, there was Davines. The brand has been carbon-neutral since 2018 and is now focusing on obtaining net-zero emissions by 2030.
Make your skin dewy and closet aesthetic, and contribute towards sustainable goals at the same time.
(This article is unsponsored)