Corona virus came up with lot of destructions. It has a major effect in our lives. It became stressful for every age group. Social distancing can make people feel isolated and it cause more stress and anxiety. Learning to cope up with stress will make you and your environment healthy.
Stress can cause the following problems :
- Feelings of fear, anger, sadness, worry, numbness, or frustration
- Changes in appetite, energy, desires, and interests
- Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Difficulty in sleeping or nightmares
- Headaches, body pains, stomach problems, and skin rashes
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
- Increased use of tobacco, alcohol.
Ways to cope with stress:
Meditation can reduce the areas of anxiety, chronic pain, depression, heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Make time to unwind
Try to do the activities which you enjoy.
- Connect with others
Physical distance may effect our mental health .It is very important to connect socially in this challenging time.
- Take care of your body
Try to eat healthy , get plenty of sleep and do exercise regularly.
If you are still struggling to cope, there are many ways to get help. Call your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row.