advertising us a promotional activity for marketing a commodity.
In the present day world of mass production and distribution, advertising serves as a powerful tool in the marketing machinery.
objectives of advertisement:
- To make an immediate sale
- To build primary demand
- To develop overseas markets
- To built overall company image
- To increase market share
- To introduce a price deal
- To inform about a products availability
- To build salesman by creating an awareness of a products among retailers
- To help salesman by creating an awareness of a products among retailers.
- To increase the number or quality of retail outlets.
BENEFITS TO MANUFACTURERS: it helps easy I introduction of products In the markets.
BENEFITS TO WHOLESALERS AND RETAILERS: it helps quick sale of the products and increase the turnover. Thus, there is no question of old stocks. It reduced the expenses on overhead chargers.
BENEFITS TO CONSUMER: advertising gives information about the prices and quality if a commodity . It guides a consumer to choose the products.
BENEFITS OF SALESMAN: advertising creates a background for a product among the consumer.
demerits of advertising:
- Economic objections
- Social objections
- Ethical objections
Some example of advertising: