Burhanpur, the historical city, southwestern Madhya Pradesh state, focal India. It lies only north of the Tapti River, around 35 miles (55 km) south of Khandwa.
Burhanpur was established in 1399 by Naṣīr Khan, the principal autonomous ruler of the Fārūqī line of Khandesh, and it was attached by the Mughal sovereign Akbar in 1601. The city, with its divider and monstrous doors, filled in as the Deccan base camp of the Mughals until Aurangzeb moved the money to Aurangabad in 1636. Burhanpur was for a long time the location of struggles between the Marathas and Mughals and was seized in 1803 by Major General Arthur Wellesley, later first duke of Wellington. It was reestablished to the Sindhias in 1805 and surrendered to the British in 1861.
Burhanpur fostered a broad exchange muslin, gold and silver brocade, and ribbon, which declined during the eighteenth century, however such ventures actually progress forward a limited scale. Presently a significant rail intersection, it is additionally a focal point of cotton material assembling and of exchange. Structures of notable interest incorporate the demolished fortification and castle Bādshāhī Qalʿah (c. 1400), the Mosque of the Lady (c. 1585), and the Jāmiʿ Masjid, or Great Mosque (1588). Close by focal points incorporate the notable Asirgarh post toward the upper east and the Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary toward the west.