We all are nervous while attending an interview, even with full preparations our hands start sweating. Here are some tips to ace an interview and get your dream job.
Whether you are applying for an entry-level position or a senior role, you will probably have an interview with a potential employer before receiving a job offer. Since a job interview gives you a chance to show your qualifications and make a good impression on the hiring team, you should know to perform at your best during this important meeting. It is not only your qualifications and experience which matters but also your positive attitude, your ability to work in teams and positive aspirations which matters in the selection process. 85% of the interviews are decided in the first two/three minutes. So be careful about your handshake, eye contact, body language, and right posture.There are 4P’s to have success in an interview – Prepare, Practice, Present, and Participate.
You should prepare for the interview by learning about the significance of body language. Also you should improve your public speaking and linguistic skills. Also, learn as much as you can about the company and the position.You should practice the frequently asked questions by the interviewer (I have listed those questions in the end of the article). You should also practice some puzzles because in many interviews one or more IQ based questions are asked. And finally participate in the interview; express your views confidently and don’t be afraid to share your opinions to them. On the day of the interview carefully consider what to wear and how to present yourself professionally. Here are some do’s and don’ts during an interview:
- Organize all the required material neatly.
- Have a good dress sense, groom well.
- Reach the place of interview well in advance.
- Be cheerful and expressive.
- Have positive body posture.
- Be honest, sincere and simple in your talk.
- Be assertive and confident.
- Be polite in answering.
- Leave a good last impression by saying “thank you.”
- Replace the chair and other things in the original place when you leave the room.
- Don’t search for anything in an interview as it creates a bad impression.
- Don’t fold arms or close palms.
- Don’t drag the chair and make a noise.
- Don’t be rigid. Don’t cross your legs.
- Don’t tell lies.
- Don’t be very submissive or aggressive.
- Don’t argue, confront, challenge.
- Don’t feel frustrated if you lose the interview.
Tips for great body language
Your body language expresses your confidence. Here are some tips for a great body language.
- 1. Smile
- 2. Don’t cross your arms
- 3. Make good eye contact
- 4. Keep your body pointed vertically towards your guest
- 5. Nod at key points
- 6. Stand up straight
Frequently asked questions:
- 1. Introduce yourself.
- 2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- 3. Can you tell something about our company?
- 4. Why should we hire you?
- 5. Are you willing to relocate/travel?
- 6. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
- 7. Would you lie for the company?
- 8. On a 10 point scale how do you rate yourself in communication skills?
- 9. How long would you like to work for us if we hire you?
- 10. How much salary do you expect from us?