Python is an easy-to-learn and easy-to-use programming language that offers simple and interactive coding, making it powerful enough to build versatile applications. It has a large developer community that makes application development easy even for a novice user. It is very productive. YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest are all built-in Python.
iPython offers a powerful and interactive programming platform. Output can be readily seen as in a calculator with the execution of a single line of code.
Some of the noteworthy features/applications that can be created easily using Python are :
• Python for physicists: Calculating the Altitude of a satellite, mass and moment of inertia of objects in Planetary orbits, the wavelength in the light spectrum, Arithmetic mean involving logarithms, etc.
• Creating and Modifying PDF Files, Extract Text or pages From a PDF using PdfFileSplitter Class Concatenating and Merging, Encrypting and Decrypting.
• Scientific Computing and 2D, 3D Graphing using NumPy (for Matrix Manipulation) and SciPy , PIL ( Python imaging library) & matplotlib library for Plotting Graphs.
• Designing Graphical User Interfaces – Add GUI Elements With, Introduction to Tkinter , Working With Widgets . Example App: Text Editor.
• Interacting with the Websites using the urllib module, get the web page’s HTML source and then use regular expressions to parse Text using an HTML Parser to Scrap the required information ( from the website content).
• The comprehensive libraries supported by Python helps in solving optimization, signal processing, statistics, interpolation, linear algebra, polynomial problems, etc.
• It can deal with large data from PDF,CSV,XLS,JSON files etc. Advanced big data toolkit like Pandas or PyTables can be used to easily connect to the Database. They can handle heterogeneous tabular data structures with labeled axes (rows and columns) of multidimensional size and mutable type. Normalization and standardization of data can be done with ease. This again proves the versatile feature of python.
• Speech recognition application can be easily created using python.
• Multithreading using GIL ( Global Interpreter Lock) and message passing interfaces between processes can be implemented using Python. It can be done using POSIX interface. Not all these services or features are available on all platforms. (especially Windows/Mac).
• Generators can be added to Python to allow computation with sequences without having to actually create a data structure to contain the values of the sequence. This can give you large savings in memory.
• Regular expressions- Python include matching characters, pattern matching using the search options, finding out the multiple instances, and backslashes.
• Used to design network components, web servers, perform socket programming, encoding/decoding of a message, Encryption, and cryptography.
• Used to perform distributed computing with multiple machines.
• Python facilitates performing Exploratory data analysis by visualizing the data to assess patterns and identify data characteristics using Univariate and multivariate data visualization, correlation functions.
• Python supports web-based application frameworks such as Django, Turbogears, Pylons, etc. Web programming can be done using CGI scripting.
• Other Python libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and OpenCV are used in data science, machine learning, etc. It’s also used to create Neural networks in Artificial Intelligence.
Drawback: It is not ideal for mobile app and game development .This is because it consumes more memory and its processing speed is slow.
Python is feature-rich and helps the user to build versatile applications productively ( in less time) and with ease.
For detailed and reliable information on python , you can refer this source by clicking on the link (https://www.python.org/doc/).