There are billions of people in the world but only a few are billionaires. Not everyone has created phenomenal businesses and changed the world in a significant manner. What makes them different from others? What gives them the energy to pursue their goals and what others can learn from them?
Despite billionaires being different in their approach, expertise, and come from different corners of the world, they have one thing in common- habits. Almost all of them share a certain set of habits that make them successful. These don’t come from one’s DNA but have been adapted with time to achieve massive success and wealth.
- Rise early: Each and every billionaire’s success mantra has been to wake up on time. Most of them said that their day starts around 5:30 AM. It gives a person more time to think in silence, work without disturbance, and can plan the day well. Now waking up early doesn’t mean getting less sleep. It is always recommended to sleep for 6 to 8 hours to function properly.
- Maintain health: Without good health, life can be terrible. No amount of success or money would able to make the difference. Whether billionaires are 40 or 80, all make sure to maintain their health by exercising regularly and eating a balanced diet. Some follow a strict workout regime, some also involve themselves in games. These sports help you teach about success and failure, which are essential skills for business and life.
- Read: Warren Buffett, the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway reads 500 pages a day as he believes reading is the most valuable source of knowledge. Read books about how to do the right things, about how to behave well, how to be a good person, etc. To be updated on what’s going on in the world, read newspapers regularly.
- Contemplate: Sit around and think! Daily at least for an hour give yourself alone time. In that either meditate or do some relaxing activity. Develop new ideas, organize your thoughts, and gain more clarity. It is best when done in the mornings.
- Be disciplined: Set extremely high standards for yourself and the people around you. If you take an example of sports, you can’t win a game if you don’t have enough discipline to train yourself daily. Be a quick learner and don’t procrastinate. Limit all sorts of distractions that prevent you from attaining your goals. Always be eager to grow your skills.
- Commit to routine: Whatever the routine you have set up, commit to it thoroughly. Typical elements of a billionaire’s routine include: waking up early, reading a lot, healthy diet, exercising regularly. Also doesn’t matter when you do your routine in a day, the most essential is that yes it is completed.
- Do things differently: Many people simply follow the crowd. No matter how hard of truth this is, one can’t be a billionaire by copying others- doing what everyone else is doing. Go against the tide and make a path for your own self. If you find yourself stuck in the rat race, it may take time to get out of it but do so. Nothing comes easy and being a billionaire definitely doesn’t. Think about what you can do that will truly revolutionize your life.