When one hears of Bollywood, they think it’s all about dance, music, romance, comedy, and drama. But Bollywood has more to offer. Whatever we learn comes from the movies we watch. In today’s time, it triggers the minds of Indian youth. It allows them to set a thought process. Films are not just a source of entertainment anymore. Below is a list of few movies that give us real-life lessons.
– Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara: This movie taught us to push yourself out of the comfort zone and face your fears. It makes you want to pause and thank your life realizing how good it is despite all the hardships. It shows you how to appreciate true friends.
– Ye Jawani hai Deewani: Bunny teaches Naina that she is good just the way she is. There is no need to change herself just to fit in. We must have met a people pleaser like this at some point in our life or even we are at times. Maybe we should also embrace ourselves and live life unapologetically. Naina teaches us- no matter where we go in our lives, we will always miss out on something. So appreciate where you are at a point in time.
– Baar Baar Dekho: This movie has taught us to live in the present moment and appreciate the people we have in our lives. We can never get the time back, so we should always spend it wisely. In the age of gadgets, it’s a great wake-up call to disconnect from the phone every once in a while and experience life fully.
– Kal ho Na ho: As the title says “Kal ho na ho” meaning ‘There may or may not be a tomorrow,’ totally defines what the movie is all about. Aman teaches Naina to open up and be vulnerable, which allows her to express her emotions which she repressed for so long. Sometimes we need that confidence from someone, that yes we too can share our feelings. The biggest lesson to take away from this movie is to remember that every day we are alive is a gift. Life should never be taken for granted.
– Dangal: This movie is a must-watch! It shows two women breaking stereotypes and gender roles in the best possible way. It teaches us not to be full of ourselves when we become successful. It shows women can do anything that men can do.
Apart from these, many other Bollywood movies have meaningful lessons for us. So sit back, relax, and binge-watch a few Bollywood movies. I am sure you won’t regret it.