The word “yoga” itself is like complete science which unites body, mind, soul and universe. Yoga derives from the ‘use metal’ of Sanskrit language, which means that the soul’s union with God means that yoga has so much power, that it can make you attain immortality. Some people understand yoga as simple and easy but it is more than that. Yoga is a spiritual discipline, in which the whole of life is imbibed. It is a science, as it provides practical ways to control the body and mind, making deep meditation possible. And it is art, unless it is practiced spontaneously and sensitively, it will only give superficial results. Yoga is not just a system of beliefs, but it takes into account the effects of body and mind, and brings them into mutual harmony. Yoga works primarily by the propagation of energy in the body through pranayama, or energy control. Yoga teachers how, through breath control, a higher place of mind and awareness can be attained.
HISTORY OF YOGA-
There is no written evidence available about the discovery of yoga, but it is believed that yoga oriented in our country India. The 2000 year old “Yoga Sutra”, written by the Indian sage Patanjali on Yoga philosophy, is considered to be a complete guide to control the mind and emotions, and develop spiritually. The Yoga Sutra is one of the oldest text of Yoga in existence. It provides the framework for all modern yogas. Yoga is quite famous for its postures and rugs. Fitness was not the primary goal of yoga, but seekers and followers of yoga practice also focused on other practices, such as expanding spiritual energy using respiratory methods and mental meditation. Even after such an old history, yoga started gaining popularity towards the end of the 20th century. After the 1920s and 1930s there was an explosion of interest in yoga, first in India and later in the West.
Yoga originated as an ancient practice whose specimens of origin originated in India around 4000 BC. Stone carved figures of yoga postures can be found in the Indus Valley, reflecting native postures and practices. Yoga was developed to establish harmony between heart and soul on the path of divine enlightenment. Also, it was discovered that yoga also helps in curing many diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure and reduce physical injuries and chronic pain. Yoga has helped in curing many diseases. And as yoga is becoming increasingly popular outside India and in so many different cultures, the practice has been transformed into teachings and and means in many different schools.
BENEFITS OF YOGA-
- Increases muscle strength
- Protects cartilage and joint breakdown
- Projects you spine
- Perfects your masculinity
- Strengthens your bone health
- Increases your blood flow
- Keeps heart rate regular
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Increases your immunity
- Controls your adrenal glands
- Makes you happy
- Provides a healthy lifestyle
- Reduces blood sugar
- Helps you focus
- Relaxes your system
- Improves your balance
- Maintains your nervous system
- Relieves tension in your organ
- Helps you sleep deeply
- Gives you peace of mind
- Erase your pain
LOSS FROM YOGA-
If you do yoga under the guidance of a well educated yoga practitioner, then it is very safe and beneficial for you. But in many circumstances it can also be more harmful for you. Some of the disadvantages are :
- If you get hurt due to yoga, it can be a hindrance in your continuous practice. But the injury caused by yoga is very rare and serious.
- If you are pregnant or have a medical problem such as glaucoma, high blood pressure and sciatica,etc., consult your doctor before practicing yoga. In this case, some yoga postures may need to be changed or avoided.
- If you have recently started learning yoga, you should avoid extreme positions and difficult techniques, such as headstand, padmasana and forced breathing.
- If you are doing yoga for a health problem, then take special care not to ignore the traditional medical care for that problem, nor to replace yoga with that problem.
- The practice of yoga helps develop the body and mind, although it cannot be used as an alternative to any medicine. Under the supervision of an educated yoga teacher, it is very important and importance to learn yoga etc.