Weight Loss Tips: Reaching a healthy weight is considered a balancing act. Maintaining weight is not easy an easy task. It is important to balance energy intake and energy output. That is why it is advised to have fewer fats so that less energy is supplied as fats having the highest caloric value. But the fact of the matter is the maintenance of body weight is not that simple.
Here are few weight loss tips enlisted below:
Eat Regular Meal:
Eating at regular times during the day helps burn calories at a faster rate. It also reduces the temptation to snack on foods high in fat and sugar.
Do not skip breakfast:
Skipping breakfast will not help you lose weight. You could miss out on essential nutrients and you may end up snacking more throughout the day because you feel hungry.
Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables:
Fruit and veg are low in calories and fat, and high in fibre – 3 essential ingredients for successful weight loss. They also contain plenty of vitamins and minerals.
Plan your meals ahead:
Try to plan your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week, making sure you stick to your calorie allowance. You may find it helpful to make a weekly shopping list.
Being active is key to losing weight and keeping it off. As well as providing lots of health benefits, exercise can help burn off the excess calories you cannot lose through diet alone.
Drink plenty of water
People sometimes confuse thirst with hunger. You can end up consuming extra calories when a glass of water is really what you need.
Consume food high in fiber:
Foods containing lots of fiber can help keep you feeling full, which is perfect for losing weight. Fiber is only found in food from plants, such as fruits and veggies, oats, whole grain bread, brown rice and pasta, and beans.
Sleep well: sleep at least 8 hours a day. Better sleep habits can help. This includes both your daily routine and the way you set up your bedroom.
Meditation. It has been around for over 5,000 years for a reason. Meditation works well for many people and has many benefits. It can lower stress and anxiety, as well as improve sleep, energy levels, and mood. To meditate, will need to:
- Find a quiet place.
- Get comfortable (sitting or lying down).
- Focus your attention on a word, phrase, object, or even your breath.
- Let your thoughts come and go and do not judge them.
Dietary Recommendations to Maintain A healthy diet:
- Include whole plant-based rainbow diet: all types of vegetables, fruits, whole pulses, legumes, and whole grains (cereals) such as whole rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millets, millet flours, oats, gluten-free flours (as per the case).
- Inclusion of herbal teas: Infuse hot water with herbs like tulsi, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon stick, clove, cardamom, fennel, mint etc.
- Incorporating healthy nuts: include such as almonds, cashews, walnuts etc. seeds like flaxseeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut dried or fresh.
- Prefer homemade fresh foods.
- Simple cooked non-vegetarian food where applicable.
- Low fat intake (it is to avoid deep-fried and oily foods).
- Dinner should be taken before 8 p.m. and breakfast, not before 9 a.m. giving 13 hours of intermittent fasting.
- Milk and dairy products.
- Caffeine and alcohol.
- Processed and packed food (including packaged namkeens, biscuits or breads).
- Cereals containing gluten.
- Refined sugar and refined sugar products.
- Vitamin D, vitamin B6 and vitamin E.
- Magnesium and zinc
- Omega 3 fatty acids: fish oils