If you’re eating healthfully and working out but not losing weight, there may be a reason. When you try to lose weight, your body fights back, so tweaking your strategy could help.
If you’re trying to lose weight, you may be able to lose quite a lot of weight at first without much effort. However, weight loss may slow down or stop altogether after a while.
This article lists 20 common reasons why you’re not losing weight. It also contains actionable tips on how to break through the plateau and get things moving again.
1. Maybe you are losing without realizing it
2. You’re not keeping track of what you’re eating
3. You’re not eating enough protein
4. You’re eating too many calories
5. You’re not eating whole foods
6. You’re not lifting weights
7. You’re binge eating
8. You’re not doing cardio
9. You’re still drinking sugar
10. You’re not sleeping well
11. You’re not cutting back on carbohydrates
12. You’re eating too often
13. You’re not drinking water
14. You’re drinking too much alcohol
15. You’re not eating mindfully
16. You have a medical condition that is making things harder
17. You have a junk food addiction
18. You’ve been dieting for too long
19. Your expectations are unrealistic
20. You’re too focused on dieting
Weight loss is not always easy and numerous factors can bring it to a standstill.
At the most basic level, not reaching your weight loss goal can occur when calorie intake is equal to or higher than calorie use.
Try strategies such as mindful eating, keeping a food diary, eating more protein, and doing strength exercises.
In the end, changing your weight and your lifestyle requires patience, dedication, perseverance, and resilience.