The air pollution index has reached the ‘severe’ mark in Delhi and neighbouring cities are enveloped in a blanket of smog. It is not easy to avoid skin problems like acne when surrounded by poor air quality. Lets have a quick lookout on how to save yourself from having pimples while traveling and working in such a harsh polluted environment.
1. Water is Life! For glowing skin, drinking a glass of water every hour is key. Try to consume eight to 10 glasses of water a day. This will remove toxins from your body, accelerating a healthy blood flow. This also helps in boosting metabolism.
2. Switch to eating healthy and clean! Keeping your skin healthy is as simple as eating right. Avoid oily snacks and trans-fat food. Adding fresh fruits, green vegetables, nuts and omega-3 fatty acids to your diet will help detoxify skin.
3. Don’t skip fitness! Don’t take fitness lightly. Regular exercise can help reduce stress and delivers the right amount of oxygen to the skin cells. Perspiring during workout will keep toxins away, and make your skin healthy and acne-free.
4. Skincare routine to follow! Avoid touching your pimples and breakouts as it triggers infection. Popping a pimple will cause skin irritated or inflamed resulting in swelling, scarring and redness. Wash hands regularly with anti-bacterial soap/hand wash before touching your face.
Apart from that, keep your face clean with facial scrubs, moisturisers and masks. Opt for an acne medication that has a potent pimple/acne reduction activity or the ability to prevent occurrence of pimples/acne.
5. Shavers beware! Make sure you thoroughly clean your razors, blade and electric shaver. Before shaving, always soften skin with lukewarm, soapy water.
6. Haircare is very important! It is extremely important to keep your hair clean and dandruff-free. Negligence can result in acne.
To protect your hair against pollution, always wear washed caps, headbands and scarves. When visiting a salon, avoid using another person’s towel as it may carry infections resulting in risk of acne, redness and skin inflammation.
7. Aiming for a minimal makeup look! Remove make-up before going to bed as this lowers the risk of breakouts. Also, go for the minimal make-up as it lets the skin breathe and look natural.
Essential oils help in treating skin inflammations and acne. A combination of various essential oils like tea tree oil, moringa oil, lemon oil, chamomile oil and lavender oil will treat the acne effectively.