Fitness bands have become quite popular nowadays. A fitness band is worn on the wrist, often with a display that can be used to control a smartphone or to keep track of information such as fitness levels.
Fitness trackers certainly can be a helpful tool to track health and weight loss progress, the individual still has to stay motivated to make dietary changes or keep up with that new exercise routine.
“The health and fitness technology market is growing by 20 percent each year, making fitness trackers more popular by the minute”.
While we are all social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic , fitness trackers can help us all stay on track with our fitness goals. Fitness trackers are a popular way to keep track of your progress. Depending on the tracker, can track steps, calories, distance traveled, caloric intake, and even heart rate and sleep. Some even offer GPS tracking to map your distance and pace.
Advantages of fitness trackers are mentioned below:
- Personal accountability: Fitness trackers track your goals and your progress, psychologically encouraging you to walk more steps than you did yesterday; to run faster than you did yesterday; to sustain that peak heart rate for just a little longer for that intense interval training.
- Promote activity in the workplace: Fitness is no longer an individual hobby or habit. Workplaces are getting involved in encouraging employees to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Motivation: A fitness tracker gives a visual of your progress and accomplishments each day. Seeing your progress is good motivation to improve more and more each day.
- Healthy eating: It is important to eat a healthy diet while you exercise. By keeping track of your food and water intake helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Set goals: Set goals for yourself to accomplish each day. For example, 10,000 steps a day. It is a great feeling to know you are capable of achieving anything you set your mind to.
- Tracks sleep: A fitness tracker has the ability to track your sleep patterns, how deep or light you sleep, how long you slept, and each time you woke up. Recognizing your sleep patterns can allow you to have a good night’s sleep and improve your mood the next day.
- Stay Connected: There are some fitness trackers that include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. This allows you to receive incoming calls, text messages, or emails without looking at your phone. It is a great way to stay connected without always being close to your phone.
- Monitors Heart Rate: Most fitness trackers have the ability to monitor your heart rate by measuring your pulse. This allows you to reach your target heart rate with each workout. The maximum heart rate is about 220 minus your age. During moderate physical activities, your target heart rate is about 50-70% of the maximum heart rate and with vigorous workouts it should be about 70-85% of the maximum heart rate. The fitness tracker can detect changes that may occur to your heart rate.
- Weight loss tool: trackers help to keep track of your weight.