Life on the earth is precious. But life with health is more precious. Life without health is like food without salt. A healthy lifestyle concerns the health and well-being of an individual. In ancient days, health is defined as the absence of disease. But, health is a complete state of physical, mental, and social well-being of an individual nor merely an absence of disease. We have to be responsible for maintaining our health. A healthy lifestyle helps you to live longer with a better and happy life. If you are healthy, you can finish the assigned task at a faster speed. To be healthy, first, identify the unhealthy habits and find new ways to replace them. Change one thing at a time. Because the small changes over a long period will be very helpful. When you live healthily, both your mind and body remain fresh and active, and also helps to prevent you from chronic diseases and long-term diseases. Feeling good about yourself and taking care of your health helps to increase your self-esteem and self-image. Some of the tips that you can follow to lead a healthy lifestyle are listed below:
- Maintain a regular exercise routine: Do simple exercises in the home. Walking is also a good exercise. Use steps instead of escalators in case you do not hurry. Doing household chores is also an exercise. Keep your body parts active. Avoid sitting in the same place for a long time. Practice yoga to keep both your body and mind relaxed.
- Sleep properly: Go to bed early at night and wake up early in the morning. Avoid usage of mobile phones at least one hour before you go to bed. One should sleep at least eight hours per day to lead a healthy lifestyle. Sleep helps in the healing and repair of your heart and blood vessels. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot be function well. Good periods of sleep also help in improving concentration.
- Drink water: On average, an adult’s body is composed of at least 50% of water. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Water helps to regulate the body temperature. It also helps to carry nutrients and oxygen to cells. Drink 100% fresh fruit juices.
- Eat healthy foods: Consume foods that are rich in vitamins and nutrients. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Maintaining a balanced diet helps you to maintain the health of your body. Eat foods that contain proteins, minerals, and nutrients. It is best to eat at least 3 meals per day to keep you healthy.
- Avoid eating junk foods: Eating junk foods cause several diseases to human. Eating a lot of junk foods will result in obesity. Also, reduce the consumption of fast foods. Recent studies revealed that eating junk foods continuously also affects brain health. So try to avoid eating junk foods.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, and drugs: We all know that smoking causes cancer, and liquor consumption is injurious to health. Smoking not only causes cancer to the one who smokes, but it also affects the health of the persons around him. Drug- addiction causes several problems to the individual.
- Avoid stress, anxiety, and depression: Stress hormones affect your heart and brain. Avoid doing stressful works. Do the job that you are interested in. Don’t get angry over small things. Be calm and patient.
- Cleanliness: Always keep your surroundings clean. Don’t throw the garbage on the roads. Put them in the garbage can. A dirty environment will cause several health problems. We must maintain the cleanliness of our bodies, homes, surroundings to have good health.
- Be kind to everyone: Interact with your families and friends. Share your happiness and sadness with them. Be friendly to everyone. Smile often. It helps to keeps you healthy. There is also a proverb that says “Laughter is the best medicine”.
- Listen to Music: Listening to music makes you happier. It also improves your visual and verbal skills. Music boosts your immune system and helps you to free yourself from depression. It helps to reduce blood pressure, pulse rate, and heart rate.
“IT IS HEALTH THAT IS REAL WEALTH AND NOT PIECES OF GOLD AND SILVER”