Everyone makes mistakes in life, we are believed to learn from our mistakes or try to avoid them, same happens when building a niche website, mistakes can cause damage to your brand value or prevent you get disire results.
However, no one really talks much about how doing things wrong on your website can deteriorate your image and cost you your business. There are common mistakes that are often made not out of ignorance but coincidentally or because of forgetfulness.
Effects of these mistakes can be seen in sales, website visitation rates, and bounce rates. This is why you need to be aware of them and have tools and knowledge to improve your website, eliminate the mistakes you are making, and inevitably, improve your business.
To avoid certain things which are causing us to gain the maximum number of reach I want you to keep these ‘10 Disappointing Niche Website Mistakes You Make Now’ in your mind while building a website.
- Under-Plan Website: Without a plan, you can never ever run any business. Can you run a restaurant without having a proper plan? No. If you try it, you will create a mess, will be unable to get customer satisfaction. Similarly, it happens with websites.
“A successful website does three things:
It attracts the right kinds of visitors.
Guides them to the main services or products you offer.
Collect Contact details for future ongoing relations.”
― Mohamed Saad
The most successful component of a growing website is single, original quality content, which will increase your credibility and authority in your chosen area. It will also increase your search engine ranking.
Evergreen content would be something like an article that teaches you how to tie a bowtie. Something like that isn’t time-sensitive, so you can essentially write it once and continue driving traffic to it forever.
- Working on multiple websites at a time: If you are working on a certain website stick to it. You may think that working on more websites will multiply your earning but, it will not, it will require more time and pace which will be not possible and will cost you the quality of your content. There are many other ways to accelerate your growth on your single website.
- Not focusing on the quality of your website: You need to focus on the quality of the website while side keeping the quantity of the site. The quality of your website will determine the content of your website which will increase the audience towards your websites.
For example: if you own a photography studio you must add your best high-res photos or video to your website which attracts the customer which will direct them to buy your services.
|How frequently the website is updated|
|When the website was updated|
|Products or services|
|Photography of organization’s facilities|
|Multilanguage/culture||Use different languages|
|Present to different cultured|
|Variety of presentation||Different forms (text, audio, video, …)|
|Accuracy||Precise information (no spelling, grammar errors)|
|Sources of information are identified|
|Objective||Objective presentation of information|
|Authority||Organization’s physical address|
|Sponsor (s) of the site|
|Manager (s) of the site|
|Specifications of site’s managers|
|Identification of copyright|
|Email to manager|
- No presence in Social Media: Social media is just not for making friends is can be also used to marketing a business. Making a good presence on social media could help you to connect to the audience. Most users of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc will help you to divert the attention of the audience towards your websites. All the social media outlets have a ‘Paid’ section by which you can grow your presence or multiply your reach by a promoted content.
The point is marketing on Social Media is rapidly becoming an excellent way to drive traffic to your website. Likely to soon be second only to Organic traffic as one of the more economical means of attracting visitors.
- Ignoring keyword research: Some keyword research was necessary in order to pick a niche that was feasible to create a website about. You may use several keywords some of them for free or some with a price. By using free keyword tools as google Adwords can really help to find the adequate keyword we can maximize your reach. making a keywords research will be highlighted by google which will increase traffic on your website.
Google looks for keywords on your website and Google will send visitors to your website based on the keywords they find there.
- Not getting proper training: You need to get the proper training to build a good niche website. You can search on the internet for various online training programs various website runs a training program that can help you to learn to run a website. Do some research and make a sound decision regarding a comprehensive training platform for starting an online business. You will likely experience some doubt as you continue to build your business, and the money does not start pouring in right away. So it is best that you start your journey on firm ground.
There are various websites you can follow like niche affiliate, niche academy a super affiliate, etc. they are all here to train you, build up your skills, and make your website more attractive and interesting. Some of them are paid courses and some will train you for free. I would recommend you can start with the free course then go for the paid version for a better understanding and advanced learning.
- Not treating your business like a business: This is most likely the biggest reason that people fail to achieve success online. Establishing yourself as an Authority online and creating a business that will support your family is serious stuff and should be treated as such.
Unfortunately, many Newcomers treat this more like a “hobby”, than a business. You will be never able to figure that out. It can be used to get a little better organized yourself. You must have ‘hunger’ enough to take the advice of some very successful people and treat my business, as a business.
- Not writing a site blog: Your website’s blog is an integral part of your overall success. A blog is where you can personalize your site, and therefore, differentiate yourself from your competitors. It’s where you can add fresh and interesting content that engages with your potential conversions in the way that a straightforward eCommerce platform cannot. Your blog should have regularly scheduled updates, with content that is relevant and well-written.
A blog is an aspect of operations that many websites outsource, and if you’re incapable of producing an interesting blog, then you should certainly consider farming the task out to a professional writer. A good writer will be able to create engaging headlines and titles, with an article that is written utilizing SEO, and yet is still personable and promotional (but not too promotional – a blog is different from an advertorial). You may hire a content writer online at a price. Prices vary from their experience in the field.
- Not Getting Personal and Not Starting an Email List: If you have a great connection with the customers online directly, it will help to organic traffic on your website. It will help you when they can relate to you and your situation. Do not hesitate to let your visitors know that who you are and why you are an expert in your niche.
Not mentioning or forgetting to mention NAP (Name, Address, Telephone number) or not keeping it up updated will cost you to lose your customer forever. Your NAP needs to be clearly displayed and updated as needed, they can be directed to an incorrect location, or are unable to contact you via a method of their choosing.
- Underestimate the Importance of Mobile Traffic: It’s amazing how many people are glued to their smartphones while out and about. You might see a group of people at a bar, totally ignoring each other as they intently tap away at their phones. They might be shopping for a new product or service, but are you prepared to receive them? Your website needs to be responsive to smartphone-based web browsers, meaning it needs to be configured to load quickly and display quickly on a screen of any size. If your page cannot be adequately navigated using a smartphone, then you could potentially be missing out on a significant amount of traffic and conversions.
Starting a niche website is easy. Getting it set up on WordPress and writing your first article is simple stuff that anybody can do. The difficult part comes in growing it into a money-making niche site. As you learned in this guide, there are a lot of moving parts. It takes patience, hard work, and persistence.
The biggest reason for failure is simply that people give up too quickly. And it’s not their fault. If it’s your first time, you don’t know what to expect. You don’t know the processes and different cycles that a new niche website goes through before breaking through and finally being successful.
Niche websites can truly change your life if you want them to. Starting a successful website can open a lot of different doors for you. It can allow you to quit your job, finally, travel the world, or just get some really good side income money.