We all want to learn something in our life. It can be a language or a skill or a technology, it can be anything. There are some steps that we need to follow in order to learn it because we can’t simply sit and wait for a miracle to happen. So, I am going to help you all with what I know on how to learn something.
- First of all, keep the habit of writing down things, I don’t know who needs to hear this but writing things down will really helps us to organize our thoughts and helps us figure out what we are going to do with it.
- Next step is to write down what you already know about it or what you can do in order to learn it. If you don’t know that you might want to do some research and put things down on a paper or a document. Writing things down simply helps us to collect our thoughts and remember them in a text format, so that you don’t miss out on anything. For example, If you want to learn French, you can write things like “I want to learn the French language. I have learnt the basics of it. I can recall them from ABC website. I will register a language course on ABC website and start learning it.“
- The next step is the most important while learning something. Make sure you schedule your timing for learning the particular skill. Start off at a slower pace like an hour a day and then slowly increase it as you get used to the study time. Put the timing down on a piece of paper and stick it to your study table so that you don’t forget.
- Be serious about it. Even if it is a very small thing, it is you who wanted to learn it. It will give you happiness when you achieve it. So don’t skip it thinking that it is not required, unless you have some other important work to do.
- Set a daily goal for yourself. Setting goals will push you to learn more. You will tend to see yourself actively learning without getting bored. I would say keep a check list for every day. Wake up early and write down a to-do list and make sure you check all of them by the end of the day.
- Setting bigger goals sometimes can be overwhelming and suffocating so keep your goals smaller and achievable. You will see yourself progressing in learning the particular thing.
- Practical knowledge is very important when you learn something. You can see yourself making very little progress when you just attend courses and take notes. you need to apply it somewhere and practice. That is why they say “Practice makes a man perfect“. Best example for this is learning a new language, only if you practice it by speaking in that language with someone you will get good at it. Otherwise by time, you will forget the things that you have learnt.